Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Project Brainstorm


(A Form of a Portfolio by Wesley Fryer. Shared under CC BY-NC 2.0. Web Source: Flickr


The semester-long project entails creating a portfolio that will account for all of the knowledge I have learned throughout this semester. This portfolio will cover a topic related to the course as well as my future profession. In addition, I will add information to my portfolio on a daily basis to eliminate my chance to procrastinate and show a lack of effort. I believe this project is pretty straight forward and I do not have any questions related to the assignment and its requirements.

For my portfolio, I plan to design a website that captures information related to the course as well as my future profession in baseball. The information I hope to capture as it relates to the course and applying it to baseball is growth mindset, the ethics of surveillance, the ethics of technology integration in education, the ethics of bio-technologies, and the increasing use of technology on a daily basis. In addition, I believe this project will not only help my future profession but other classes as well. This is because I will gain an understanding in developing websites, cropping picture, making videos, etc. that could assist in creating better presentations for my classes as well as coaching.

On another note, I do not have much interest in digital citizenship and the ethics of power & freedom of expression and do not plan to incorporate this knowledge in portfolio. However, this doesn't mean I won't try in this area and search for new information to take away from.

In closing, I feel comfortable about the requirements of the project and I look forward to this assignment as I have never made a portfolio. In addition, this portfolio will be beneficial to me as it will be a way to highlight my skills in coaching as well as additional tool to showcase with my resume. To get started, I found a few links to use as references as I begin to create my portfolio:

No comments:

Post a Comment