Friday, January 25, 2019

Time Strategies

(Time Ticking Away by Images Money. Shared under CC BY-NC 2.0. Web Source: Flickr)

Time is ticking away whether or not we like it. Because of this our time on Earth is valuable and shouldn't be taken for granted. These point were reemphasized in both of the articles I read for this blog. The two articles were The Myth of Too Busy by Tim Grahl and The Important Habit of Just Starting by Jory Mackay. In the article by Tim Grahl, he suggests we stop using the word busy and restructure our daily lives to account for circumstances that may arise. By changing daily habits, life will begin to free up and seem less chaotic. In addition, Jory Mackay suggested to prioritize tasks in a strategic manner relating to the amount of time the task needs and its return on investment. In other words, completion of at task for a short-time reward might not be as great as a lot of time for a huge pay-off reward in the future. This all comes down to a person's values and willingness to sacrifice for greatness in the future.

Moving on, the two articles that I read were very helpful and provided a lot of great insight into how I should change my daily habits to free up time between classes and work. I will begin to schedule out a daily plan that lays out my priorities and tasks I need to complete by the end of that day. In addition, I will try to identify days that I may have a lot of tasks to complete and change my sleep schedule to accommodate for these days when I have a lot of tasks to complete. Furthermore, my semester is way different than it has been in the past. I will be traveling 5 straight weeks starting February 15th and will have to make-up time for school and baseball. In doing so, it requires a lot of planning and thinking a head. Gratefully I usually plan a head through writing down all assignments I have for the week a head and use the weekends before to get a head start on those assignments. This has worked in the past and I don't see it not working this semester!

1 comment:

  1. An updated version of this blog can be found at:
    https://ryangollbaseball.weebly.com/blog-3.html

    ReplyDelete